Product Upgrades Connect U.S. Hispanics to What Matters Most to Them, Including More Ways to Experience, View, and Share Their Online and Offline Worlds
MIAMI, Dec. 17 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Yahoo! En Espanol today debuts the next evolution of two of its most popular products. Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Messenger have been enhanced to deliver richer and more personally relevant experiences to users, making online search and instant messaging more social and fun with Yahoo!.
“With these new versions of Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Messenger, the company is focused on further connecting users to what matters to them most,” said Armando Rodriguez, general manager, Yahoo! Hispanic Americas. “The renewed focus on providing a more personally relevant online experience will continue to come to life not only across Search and Messenger, but also in other upcoming product rollouts, including the new Yahoo! En Espanol Front Page and enhanced Mail, all on track to launch in upcoming months.”
|With these new versions of Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Messenger, the company is focused on further connecting users to what matters to them most|
New Yahoo! Search Experience Gives You Personally Relevant Results
Yahoo!’s new search results page is aimed at making Web search more personally relevant. The product delivers a differentiated search experience that lets users better explore the things, people and websites that matter to them most. New enhancements include:
– Results Filtering Options – Provides new tools for refining search results, including exploring related concepts, displaying only results from popular Yahoo! and third-party sites, and narrowing results by different types of content such as videos and discussion forums.
– Easy Access to Search Controls – Provides quick access to Search Scan/SafeSearch, which helps protect users from viruses, spyware and search spam.
– Search Pad – A personal research assistant that lets users capture, organize, save and share information they find while researching online.
For example, now when users search for “Futbol” on Yahoo! En Espanol, on the left hand side of the page they will find Search Pad Options, Search Scan/SafeSearch, as well as links to other major online resources to obtain news on the subject. In the middle section, users will find the most popular links along with quick view photo and video images on their subject.
With the new design, Yahoo!’s powerful query assistance is still available directly below the search box, but is also incorporated into the left-hand column for quick access lower on the page, even when the Search Assist layer is hidden. Users can use this column to easily explore and discover concepts related to your query, and they can also share these search results with friends by using the Search Pad option.
Yahoo! Messenger Keeps You Instantly Connected
Yahoo! Messenger 10 allows users to instantly communicate with friends and family around the world through new interactive and social features. Enhancements include:
– Video Calls – New high-quality video calling enables full-screen,
face-to-face chats at no cost, using the familiar and easy-to-use Yahoo! Messenger environment.
– Updates Tab – A new tab helps people easily discover Updates from friends and family, including status updates, recent Flickr uploads, Yahoo! Buzz stories, Twitter updates and more.
Yahoo! attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most trafficked Internet destinations and a world class online media company. Yahoo!’s vision is to be the center of people’s online lives by delivering personally relevant, meaningful Internet experiences. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit http://pressroom.yahoo.com or the company’s blog, Yodel Anecdotal(http://yodel.yahoo.com).
SOURCE Yahoo! En Espanol