- 20-member advisory board of top pros from corporate, non-profit, media, and PR agencies create ambitious agenda of presenters and case studies
- Top sponsors include Fleishman Hillard, Southwest Airlines, Telenoticias and RL Public Relations
DALLAS, Feb. 9 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — The Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA - http://www.hpra-usa.org/) and the Hispanic PR Blog (http://www.hispanicprblog.com/) today unveiled the roster of industry thought leaders and presentations that will be featured at the historic Hispanic Public Relations & Social Media Marketing Conference, May 10-12 in Dallas, TX.
(See the full conference web site here: http://www.hispanicprconference.com/).
“With exceptional speakers and a dynamic program that is completely case-study driven and specially tailored to the needs of corporate, government and non profit communicators, the conference offers attendees invaluable insights, resources and networking opportunities they need to effectively market to Latinos through PR and social marketing,” said conference co-creator Manny Ruiz(http://www.hispanicprblog.com/about-2), the nation’s leading blogger on Hispanic public relations and the founder of Hispanic PR Wire, a division of PR Newswire.
The convention takes place at the Sheraton in downtown Dallas and includes a total of more than 16 sessions and several keynote presentations. The convention features senior multicultural PR speakers from such corporations and organizations as General Mills, Frito Lay, UnitedHealthcare, Microsoft, AT&T, Qwest Communications, State Farm, Southwest Airlines, McDonalds, Comerica Bank, Dr. Pepper, the NBA, Univision, the American Heart Association, the American Diabetes Association and the National Pork Board, among others.
Keynote presentations will include:
An opening keynote address by 30-year PR veteran Mike Fernandez, Vice President of Public Affairs for State Farm and Co-Chair of the prestigious Institute for Public Relations. Mr. Fernandez will survey the evolving role of Hispanic PR from an insider’s perspective in Corporate America with a tongue-in-cheek presentation titled “I Know You Want Me … But It Takes More Than an Accent to Get Me.”
A keynote presentation by Hispanic web marketing industry leader Lee Van of Captura Group who will bring a factual context to the conference’s sharp focus on Hispanic social marketing with his presentation titled “Are Hispanics Really More Social?”
Other case study presentations and panels include:
– “Spectacular Strategies To Create Powerful Hispanic CSR Programs That Drive Results And Lead To Long-Term Brand Loyalty”
– “The ART (Authenticity, Relevance and Truth) of Marketing to Latino Youth”
– “RX for Social Engagement: How One of the Nation’s Largest Healthcare Providers is Connecting with Hispanics Using Facebook, MySpace and Twitter”
– “Meet the Blogueras: A Roundtable with some of the Nation’s leading Latina Bloggers”
– “Experiential Marketing: How to Successfully Engage Latinos with One-on-One PR”
– “Cause Marketing en Espanol: Lessons from the Hit ‘Conozca Tu Corazon’ Campaign of the American Heart Association”
– “Your Ultimate Guide to Scoring Great Coverage with Print, Broadcast and Online Hispanic Media”
– “In An Era When Salsa Outsells Catsup, Whatcha Gonna Do About It?”
– “Success Stories: Hispanic Social Marketing Pioneers Share Their Prized Case Study Secrets”
– “The Gold Standard of Measuring ROI for Your Hispanic PR and Social Marketing Campaigns”
– “Everything You Need To Know About Partnering With And Maximizing Your Use Of Hispanic Spokespersons”
– “Diversity in America: A Moral and Strategic Imperative that Must and Can Be Fixed”
– The State of Our Industry: A Cross Section of Industry Leaders Survey Top Trends, Threats and Opportunities for Hispanic PR and Social Marketing
– “A Review of Key Issues and Trends Every Marketer Needs to Know about Hispanic Social Media”
– “PR vs. Advertising: A Frank Discussion About Which Discipline is Best Suited to Lead Hispanic Social Marketing Initiatives and Why”
– “Practical Case Study Insights on the Do’s and Don’t of Hispanic Social Media Measurement”
Current title sponsors of the conference include Fleishman Hillard, Telenoticias and RL Public Relations. The official airline of the conference is Southwest Airlines. Supporting sponsors include PR Newswire, Cision, the Hispanic Communications Network and the Dallas Conventions and Visitors Bureau. Media partners are the National Association of Hispanic Publications, Latino Leaders Magazine and My Latino Voice.
Conference sponsorship information is available by contacting show director Ray Bianchi at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (305) 600-4878 or visiting our web site at www.HispanicPRConference.com. To sign up for conference-related Twitter headlines subscribe at www.Twitter.com/HispanicPR.
CONFERENCE ADVISORY BOARD
The 2010 agenda of this first annual convention has been organized by a national advisory board consisting of: Cruz Flores (Qwest Communications), Olga Romero (Southwest Airlines); Cristina Alfaro (McDonald’s); Jorge Diaz de Villegas (Fleishman); Aymee Zubizarreta (State Farm); Armando Azarloza (The Axis Agency); Alfredo Padilla (Comerica Bank), Ivette Zurita and Lourdes Rodriguez (Hispanic Public Relations Association); Stephen Chavez (Ketchum); Monica Talan (Univision); John Echeveste (VPE Public Relations), Romina Bongiovanni (Edelman Multicultural); Audrey Ponzio (Edelman Multicultural); Rosa Alonso (My Latino Voice); Mario Flores (Sportivo/RL Public Relations); Deborah Charnes (Bromley) and Eric Baca (Latino Leaders Magazine).
ABOUT THE HISPANIC PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATION (HPRA)
HPRA was founded in 1984 as a non-profit organization to establish a network of Hispanics employed in the public relations profession. HPRA has more than 250 members representing public relations, marketing and advertising professionals from agencies, government, non-profit and corporate companies. HPRA is dedicated to the advancement of Hispanic professionals and provides educational seminars and workshops throughout the year. The organization has awarded more than $220,000 in scholarships to Latino students pursuing a career in communications during the last 25 years. HPRA strives to be a resource for communications professionals and for those seeking insights into the Hispanic market. For more information please visit www.hpra-usa.org.
ABOUT THE HISPANIC PR BLOG
Founded by Multicultural PR veterans Manny Ruiz of PR Newswire/Hispanic PR Wire and Angela Sustaita-Ruiz of Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC, the Hispanic PR Blog (HispanicPRBlog.com) the PR industry’s premier source for news and views related to Hispanic and multicultural PR. The blog and its accompanying Twitter feed (Twitter.com/HispanicPR) regularly feature columns, stories, white papers, job postings, calendar events and more. The blog’s RSS feed can be obtained athttp://feeds.feedburner.com/HispanicPRBlog. The RSS feed to the Twitter feed is available athttp://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/38222941.rss. The Hispanic PR Blog also features its own news icon for iPhones. To add it to your iPhone, simply bookmark the home page of the blog on your iPhone.
SOURCE Hispanic Public Relations Association