5 Latina Entrepreneurs Killing it on Instagram

• 32
  • 8
  • 11
  • 81
    132
    Shares

I’m sure I’ve written this countless times.

This is the year of the Latina entrepreneur.

As we navigate the changing landscape of the business world and the opportunities that technology affords us, it opens up the world of entrepreneurship to everyone in a way that is new and exciting.

I believe that with the immense diversity of our country, every little kid should have people that look like them as role models.

My own role models include Ford, Tesla, Einstein, Ada Lovelace, Sonia Sotomayor and many others. Some are women, many are men and some are Latino/Hispanic.

Instagram is my go-to where I can spend a few minutes every day and catch up on what everyone is up to in the Latina entrepreneur space.

Here are five fabulous ladies that I know you’ll dig just as much as I do.

@iamdelilahdee

Talk about fierce. This Philly native is on fire with her company, Delilah & Company, a digital content & events agency. Her instastories are contagiously fun and optimistic and she is a delight to follow.

What I really dig about her Instagram account is that she really focuses on community building and featuring others.

@LorraineCLadish

I met Lorraine Ladish earlier this year at a blogger conference and she was exactly who she portrays on her Instagram. I know the word “authentic” gets bounced around like a ping pong on these interwebs, but she is the real deal folks.

Lorraine is an author with a new book out, Tu Mejor Edad. She is also a writer for several online outlets and founder of VivaFifty.com. Her fluidity and her absolute openness in her writing translate onto her Instagram feed.

What I dig about Lorraine is her willingness to be completely vulnerable in her writing. This is something I really enjoyed when I read her book, Reach.

Ah, a year and a half ago, I thought by now I´d surely be able to reach my hand to my toes in one-legged king pigeon, but my body had other plans. The @infinitystrap is a great prop, and the wonderful teachers at @circusoulyoga have helped me improve alignment, breathing, and focus. However, the beauty of yoga is that it's always a journey, and I'm enjoying it no matter how slow the progress. I love hip and heart openers because I sit at the computer a lot every day. At 54 I need to keep my joints well-oiled and aside from my daily practice at the studio I always do pigeon and/or figure four after driving and before bed. It really really helps. According to @yogajournal, "In yoga, it is often taught that opening the hips opens up the rest of the body. Practice stretching your hips every day, and always modify the poses if you need to. Never force yourself beyond your current ability — practice the pose you can do, not the one you wish you could do! With time, patience, and dedication, your muscles will relax and lengthen, benefiting your whole body in activities on and off the mat!" In case you're wondering, I bought the jodhpur pants from @AerialClothingSRQ! #yogaeverydamnday #kingpigeonpose #EkaPadaRajakapotasana

A post shared by Lorraine C. Ladish (@lorrainecladish) on

@NaibeReynoso

Naybe Reynoso is an Emmy Award Winning Journalist and co-host of the highly entertaining The Trend Talk show. She shares some glimpses of the nehind-the-scenes action on the show. Mostly she shares images of her daily life.

A few things I like about Naibe’s IG are knowing that I am not the only person who is a 5:00 AM riser as well as her humor. Also, the hustle and grind are strong in this one (said in my best Yoda voice).

@AlexTabar

I interviewed Alex in a previous post about Latina entrepreneurs. She is a media producer and content creator through her company @yucalab. She is also founder of  www.latinasinmedia.com.

Alex and I have been online amigas for a while, and I love how her focus is featuring other Latinas who are in media.

Finally @latinasinmedia is LIVE! ❤ #Repost @latinasinmedia ・・・ Latinas in Media is my dream. After so many years working in television and creating multimedia content, working for many companies and organizations and collaborating with so many people … Who doesn’t dream of having their own platform? I have always worked in the media. I have grown up alongside the digital revolution. After spending seven years working in an NGO, the day I decided to leave to grow and fly higher on my own, I realized that I had missed a lot. I discovered a movement of Latinos that was growing rapidly in digital media. I discovered a lot of quality content. I had the privilege of meeting many Latina entrepreneurs with great projects. Some became cyber friends, like the ones you made in IRC chats in the 90s, and I began to learn and to grow from their experiences. I started reading their blogs and their books and watching their videos. Some of them motivated me to get in the kitchen with their delicious recipes, others captured my attention with their style (me being clueless about fashion), and others captivated me with their discussions on entrepreneurship. These women inspired me and I wanted to be part of them. Latinas in Media is a bilingual community for female entrepreneurs and women in the media. Each week we will be sharing articles related to content creation, digital media, blogs, social networks and entrepreneurship, in addition to presenting the profiles of great female entrepreneurs and sharing products that we like and make us feel fabulous. With this project I pay tribute to so many women from whom I have learned throughout my career, and with whom I hope to contribute in some way to those who come after me. Welcome to Latinas in Media. -@alextabar

A post shared by Alex Tabar (@alextabar) on

@CoachMeryland

If there is one thing I like, it’s someone with hustle. Meryland Cuevas has hustle in droves. The woman is a workhorse with a vision and she is trucking on, full force towards her goals.

Meryland is a multiple award-winning Latina Influencer, speaker and life coach. I also met her at a blogger conference, and I was inspired by her energy. Some people have a very inviting energy and hers was absolutely wonderful.

@Danay.e

Come on! You didn’t think I’d leave myself out did you?

If we’re not IG friends, we totally should be! Let’s connect and say hi.

Also, feel free to share the Pinterest love on this one 🙂

5 Latina Entrepreneurs Killing It On Instagram

Spread the love
  • 32
  • 8
  • 11
  • 81
    132
    Shares

Post Author: Danay Escanaverino

Danay Escanaverino is a Latina entrepreneur, mom, avid traveler, tech geek, history buff, blogger and ADHD poster child
She is CEO of LunaSol Media and Founder of HispanicYa! Follow her on Google+ , Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat

29 thoughts on “5 Latina Entrepreneurs Killing it on Instagram

Cynthia Nicoletti

(November 14, 2017 - 7:08 pm)

Such amazing woman. So talented in what they do. It is so nice to see woman rule !!

Sarah Bailey

(November 14, 2017 - 7:12 pm)

What an amazing round up of latina entrepreneurs, I am going to have to head over and check out a bit more about them!

Tara Pittman

(November 14, 2017 - 7:19 pm)

It is always good to hear about ladies who succeed on Instagram. I love how they are rocking social media

Laura

(November 14, 2017 - 8:02 pm)

I’d not heard about any of these ladies. Thanks for sharing their stories with us.

Claudia Krusch

(November 14, 2017 - 10:56 pm)

I already follow a few of these wonderful ladies. I will have to check out the others on Instagram. I am always looking for fellow Latina women to follow.

gingermommy

(November 15, 2017 - 7:47 am)

I love hearing about other influencers that are doing well on social media! Thanks for sharing their stories.

Stephanie Jeannot

(November 15, 2017 - 11:40 am)

Wow! These lady bosses are slaying. How awesome is that. And what a way to inspire. Thank you for sharing who they are.

Wendy Polisi

(November 15, 2017 - 3:13 pm)

It’s always amazing to see fellow bloggers doing so well. It sure fires me up and gets me inspired.

Marissa Zurfluh

(November 15, 2017 - 3:14 pm)

Thank you for sharing this inspiration! I always love following bloggers who are doing well!

Fely

(November 16, 2017 - 12:25 pm)

I totally love this. I have the honor of being friends with some of these ladies online and you nailed it. These boss ladies are going far.

Carmen

(November 17, 2017 - 5:50 pm)

Proud to “know” Alex as a personal insta friend! Instagram is such an awesome platform to make new friends!

Fabiola Rodriguez

(November 17, 2017 - 5:53 pm)

Wow, Lorraine is in her 50s??? I’m definitely following her!
    It’s great that you included Alex Tabar and yourself on the list. You’re both very killer Latinas!

Danay Escanaverino

(November 19, 2017 - 10:51 am)

I know, she is ridiculous! She inspires me to be healthier. Thanks Fabi! Un beso.

Leigh Anne Borders

(November 18, 2017 - 10:52 am)

Love to see women really making a difference and doing well on social media. Way to go ladies!

Tabitha

(November 18, 2017 - 8:40 pm)

Love learning about new boss babe to follow! Definitely going to add some of these fabulous chicas.. some here I follow! Like how you slid yourself on the list . Lol

Marian

(November 19, 2017 - 10:53 am)

I love being introduced to successful Instagramers! My favorite was the woman doing yoga.

Our Family World

(November 20, 2017 - 2:00 am)

This is so inspiring for a lot of women to just go for their dreams and make a mark in the world! I love how these women fearlessly followed their passion and is now reaping the rewards. Thanks for letting me know about them. I will be checking them out on Instagram.

Elayna Fernandez

(November 20, 2017 - 9:30 am)

Sweet! An amazing list of Latinas – some great friends and colleagues. Keep rocking it!

Tamala

(November 20, 2017 - 2:18 pm)

Super duper awesome list!!! And I love the reasons why you dig each of them! I am going to check them out in more detail… if you are looking for other cool Latina Entrepreneurs, check out Proud to be Latina… 🙂

Ana De- Jesus

(November 20, 2017 - 4:51 pm)

I love anyone who has the hustle and ambition to become entrepreneurs so I think that it is very sweet that you have highlighted those who have inspired you on Instagram. And you can see by their accounts and the words that they use how passionate and motivated they really are x

Aditi

(November 20, 2017 - 11:30 pm)

All of these women are super talented and I feel really inspired by their achievements in all that they are doing. Thanks for sharing their profiles! 🙂

Rachel Haponenko

(November 20, 2017 - 11:49 pm)

Great Information thank you, I need to focus more on Instagram… this is my time 🙂

The Blonde Diary

(November 22, 2017 - 9:49 am)

This post is really inspiring. Seeing all these women following their dreams and focusing on reaching their goals.

Jennifer L

(November 22, 2017 - 2:32 pm)

Wow I just love reading about the amazing feats Latina entreprneurs are doing. I personally love Meryland Cuevas, she’s absolutely amazing. Will be checking out Lorraine Ladish and the other inspiring ladies.

London Mumma

(November 25, 2017 - 6:20 am)

These women are all a true inspiration and I will be checking these ladies out to follow and support them on their journey.

Alex Tabar

(November 25, 2017 - 11:40 am)

Thank you so much for featuring me! What an honor to share this list with you and other great women that I admire so much. Un abrazo 🙂

Shira - FlyingKids

(December 7, 2017 - 2:51 am)

Oh that is cool! Thank you for sharing! Off to follow them on instagram!